Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Dish.



Cooking= My new Most Favorite thing. + HUSBAND says that I am the best Cook EVER.

Which, to me sounds like a couple splendid situations, and circumstances if I say so myself.
So, Like I had mentioned previously... Marshall and I sit down weekly and discuss our week, including our yummy meal plan. This part is my favorite, except of course the discussions we have about me purchasing clothes,(that unfortunately will have to wait for another posting), anyways, I make the menu and of course the grocery list. Throughout the week I absorb myself logged into ALLRECIPES.COM= My favorite Recipe website. It is wonderful for many reasons.
1. There are pictures, pictures of food! and Pictures of the people who post the pictures of food, I like to put faces to food. Makes me to trust the recipe a little more..
2.There are REVIEWS, I love the reviews, some people actually say some really mean things about recipes its pretty humorous actually, some women get pretty pissed off if there family hates what she made from the site, and they let all the reviewers know to use only "HALF THE AMOUNT OF SEASONING" ---Or what have you.
3. You can pick which Cookie,Hot Dish, Pasta, or Squirrel you want to cook, and there are literally hundreds of different posts from everyone and their mothers. It is pretty awesome.

So , Like I said, I am loving to cook. I am successful most the time. I just tried this amazingly easy one.

TOFU LOMEIN- Yes, I like Tofu, it is so good for me.
I would love to share with you my recipe! Here you are my babies.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 (3 ounce) packages Oriental flavored ramen noodles
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
DIRECTIONS
1.Press tofu between paper towels to remove some of the water; cut in to bite size cubes. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and fry until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.

2.
Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add noodles from ramen packages, reserving the seasoning envelopes. Boil for about 2 minutes, just until the noodles break apart. Drain.

3.Add the stir-fry vegetables to the pan with the tofu, and season with the ramen noodle seasoning packet. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, but not mushy. Add noodles, and stir to blend. Season with soy sauce to taste and serve.

Please let me know if you have tried this! I would love to hear how it turns out!

Marshall and I used Chicken flavored ramen because these silly Minnesota grocery stores are so Americanized and heaven forbid they carry "Oriental" flavored.

Anyways we love this, and serve it over Jasmine White Rice, from a steamer, please do not use Minute Rice! Who are you people that eat that white fluff!? egh..

Ps. There is a career change in the works for myself, it is very exciting you know, to make changes in a career, especially when you have taken an 8 month break from doing what you love to do. IE; Being in a salon with my girls and doing Hair. Ahh.. The sweet smell of fresh clean scalps and squeeky clean hair shafts, and blunt ends. I will be renting a chair in a beautiful salon starting March 3rd!!

I will be sure to let you in on a little more later on.

Caio.