Wednesday, March 18, 2009

God is A Noun, and Not a Verb. Part 2


How often is it that I feel compelled to write twice in one day.
Never.
But Today, I finished The Shack, and I loved it.
Of Course the Author, being of what seemed, 'Mainstream Christian'-- (Whatever that means, Marshall said it once, and I think I know what it means, so I am using it.) Where as he writes of God, and Jesus Christ and the Spirit, that they are ONE. It seemed as though he wanted to go a couple certain ways with his views on The Godhead, and kinda took it every way. I read this Novel, the way I could relate to it. I read it as a Mormon, because of course that is what I am. I read it as,God being God the Father the Supreme Being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is the ultimate Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things. He is perfect, has all power, and knows all things. He "has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's",and Jesus,Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God the Father in the flesh. He was the Creator, He is our Savior, and He will be our Judge. Under the direction of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ created the earth. Through His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and by giving His life on the cross—that is, by performing the Atonement—Jesus Christ saves us from our sins as we follow Him. Through His Resurrection, Jesus Christ saves us from physical death. Because He overcame death, we will all be given the gift of resurrection, and the Spirit,The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of spirit, without a body of flesh and bones. He is often referred to as the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, or the Comforter. (True to The Faith)

I felt as though the author was torn on his own beliefs, or maybe not, and I was just reading in a complete different perspective as he wrote. I definitely felt the emotion, and spiritual enlightenment portrayed throughout the story. Whenever someone writes of faith, and love, and especially of God, you hope you can relate on most levels. I was happy I was able to take some type of light feeling in my heart, while adding color to my soul in reading this story.
I am happy that my views on the Godhead are mostly clear. Meaning,that I certainly don't understand everything about life, and of course of Heavenly Father,and Jesus,and of the Spirit, but I just know that they have always been in my life, even when I have pushed them out. I also understand their love for me individually.

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part. but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others.
- A.W. Tozer


It is amazing how everyday you wake, you live, you work, you pray, you laugh, you sleep... you dream. And within every moment of your life you have opportunity to invite some type of spirituality into your life, in these small moments, so minuscule in the grand scheme of things that you may actually be responsible for later.

I love having an eternal perspective of life and of course life after. I love that everyday I have opportunity to make changes to be better, to be more like Them.--- because of them,(Jesus) Giving his life,the atonement, sacrificing his own life for our sins I have opportunity every day to change.

ps. God is noun, He is a person- Tangible flesh and bones.
A verb is an action word, -- God a Noun has done so much-- VERBS.

I still am confused about this.But I somehow feel like this makes sense.