Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am My own Boss.



That's right. Jealous? I am my own boss, I do what I want, when I want....... As far as occupational status goes, of course.



I am officially a self employed Hair Stylist. I love it, (in a singing voice.) I am so excited to be a part of this new adventure I have decided to take upon myself. Marshall is getting really excited too, he being the engineer he is, created me an "Inventory" sheet, and he also put together a separate bank account, and quicken account and has been filing and updating our expenses into our new little 'business'. It has been so much fun to create little business cards and small little advertisements to get people in the door.



I set my hours, and schedule, I manage myself. I have always had a wonderful work ethic, I was never one to live off of mommy or daddy, and always provided for myself, so it's not like I just can't stand working and this is just an easy way for me to "Get out" of working, so NOT the case.

I love what I do, I feel really good at it. I absolutely adore my clients, and I love the challenge I am given when I have a vision about something, and then to challenge my hands to create it.

I hope to always mold perfection with strong detail and lines. It makes me want to clap my hands at myself when I have done a great head of hair. I can't explain how it feels to have someone sit in your chair, tell you they hate their hair and then of course their whole life story of how they found me, and then to allow them to trust me to do what I can to meet their desires. and then... WA LA! Baddabing badaboom. A more beautiful You. (I did it again,-- smirk) Love it. Love it.



Needless to say, first week was great. People are finding out where I am, and I am getting clients booked quickly. I am so excited to see what comes of this!



Come see me, I would love to do your hair!