Sunday, August 23, 2009

Simplicity/Ponderings

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. We try to feed them at least once a month, it's usually a time for me to practice any new recipes I have or else a time for me to pretend that I am a domesticated woman. (Fortunately I feel as though I am already a "Domesticated" woman.)
I love having the missionaries over, they bring such an enjoyable spirit with them. We have a new Elder in our ward, he is awfully sweet, he said more than 3 times, "Boy, do I LOVE being a missionary" It was so endearing to hear him say these words. It touched my heart dearly as this young man would say these simple words over and over again as he would reach for another piece of garlic bread. His enthusiasm in the short lesson he shared was precious- he quoted Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
It reminded me of a devotional I once heard, that reminded me of this scripture. How a plain, ordinary working person who could live a seemingly boring and repetitious life can suddenly be living a glorious, beautiful, peaceful life with the knowledge of the gospel, with the knowledge and understanding of the Saviors love for them.

We have weaknesses and we have struggles so that we can be humbled, so if we are humbled before the Lord, we will be made strong through the Lord.

Simple words. Strong meaning.

I was touched by this missionaries heart and his excitement in sharing the gospel.
I love my somewhat ordinary, boring life that I may lead-- and how it is nothing but glorious and beautifully simple to me.