Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Project.

Despite the fact of feeling a little under the weather, (Somehow I picked up a cold.) I have been able to accomplish a lot. Marshall is back to work and has left me with no other choice but to make over our old boring furniture.

We have a room that I have imagined as a nursery, for when that day may come. So I have already painted it, and bought a nice shag frise rug for it. It looks great. I found an old book case that Marshall used once upon a time and took it over. I painted it "Ripe apricot" and purchased black and white striped fabric as a backing for it. It turned out adorable! The total cost of this project=10$ (Paint and fabric)
Before.


After.


I also took a simple wooden chair and painted this a nice blue color-- left over from our bedroom paint color. The cost of this project = 0 $.

Before.


After.


If you are wondering why all the colors, I have based this room around a piece of art,Melissa Loop, a friend of mine, gave to me. I love it! So many ideas have stemmed off of this little creation.



I am so happy-- these pieces now look brand NEW!