Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Honey


Marshall and I met in the early spring of 2007. I was new to the ward and didn't know anyone. I may have recognized a few familiar faces, but it was when Marshall walked toward me with his hands in his pockets when I instantly felt something I wasn't entirely ready for. It threw me off balance and my world was to be changed forever after only a single moment.
As Marshall stepped closer to me, I could feel my heart thump a littler harder, a little faster and it seemed as though everything was in slow motion. I can remember every single thought that ran through my mind, every emotion in my soul and before I knew it, his named rolled off my lips, "Marshall....Hi"- I then remembered that I knew this man, he was my friend's brother. But I also knew him to be my future best friend, my future husband, the future father to my children and it was like I was thrown back behind the veil and remembered his face,his voice and his spirit and knew that I would be with him (again.) I heard the smallest voice, much like my own, race through my body urging me in the calmest way to get to know this man, and that it was necessary for me in that specific moment in my life to obey the prompting that I sincerely felt. After a few simple conversations, I knew I would be with him for the rest of my life. Everything I experienced in our relationship was completely one sided by the way. He will tell you that none of these special moments happened to him, but that he was praying to find a wife so he could start a family that he had prepared for for his entire life. And, I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, that this man has done this.
He is one of the greatest people I have ever met. He has the gentlest heart and the most sincere soul. He makes an incredible father and an even more amazing husband.

Like tonight,I often sit back and remember my life before Marshall and as much of it is hazy, it is fogged because I was someone entirely different,in many way,s and in that I never understood how much love I was capable of giving or capable to recieve.

I am so blessed to be sealed to such an incredible man. 

We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary this coming November.