Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas


Christmas this year was sweet and simple.
It was great to have family in town and it always great to indulge in all things food.
We celebrated Christmas eve with my side of the family- Chinese food and all. My mom had to work the night shift so we ate dinner early and opened gifts (quickly) before she had to leave for work. (I was sad she couldn't stay with us. We came home and jumped in out PJ's and snuggled on the couch to watch 'the best of the cosbys'- I only made it through 2 episodes before passing out.

We woke up around eight, which we are thinking will be the latest we get to sleep in on Christmas morning for probably the rest of our lives. We made cinnamon rolls and got ready for church. The Christmas program at church was great, although- as usual- was super distracted by Ezra's busy body- thank goodness for cheddar goldfish, always make Ezra happy and quiet.

We celebrated the rest of our Christmas day with Marshall's side of the family.

I was in charge of bringing a baked ham and mashed potatoes. I made 10 lbs of mashed potatoes and a honey//orange glazed ham (which is ridiculously easy and delicious.) I heart HAM!

I also love that I know and understand my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful that we can celebrate His birth and life and all that He has done for us with family and friends.

I am looking forward to the New Years, I have a long list of things that I would like to be more diligent in and I am grateful for my husband who says he will work on things with me. I love that he is so supportive of me.



Merry Christmas to you all.