Monday, January 2, 2012

My Monday-New Years Edition::

During the last hour of church yesterday I thought I was going to throw up, so I pulled Marshall and Ezra out of their class and had Marshall take us home early. Marshall had to go back to the church, but Ezra and I laid on the couch until he got home. My head was throbbing and my tummy was queasy. After dragging myself off the couch to take some Tylenol and drink a tall glass of water and falling asleep,Again. I felt so much better. I have no idea what that was all about, but I had cancelled all of the hair appointments for today, while I was sickly on the couch and when I woke up this morning I wanted to call them all back and tell them I was feeling better.
This was the first day I have had off with Marshall home,in a LONG time, It was so nice.
What a whirlwind Monday we had at our house. Marshall was home, and we had him all to ourselves!

We didn't change out of our pajamas until way later in the day.
We let the dishes pile high, and let Ezra run wild. We took down our Christmas decor and packed it all away until next year. I love that our house is back to normal! We ate delicious salads for lunch, which Marshall gagged down. (He highly disliked the balsamic vinaigrette that I 'drizzled' on top)
Marshall and Ezra did some manly work in the kitchen. Ezra can open every single one of the cabinets in the kitchen and we have been child proofing them a couple at a time-  (when we have time to do it) We have 2 more to go.

Ezra kept pulling my glasses off all day and what I was noticing was that he was trying to put them on his face, so I ran to our bedroom and grabbed a goofy pair on non-prescripts from my 'emo' days and let him play with them. He LOVED them, he played with them for the rest of the day. He likes them most on Marshall, he points and laughs at him. I have to admit, they are pretty funny on Marshall.


After Marshall left for Swimming, Ezra needed a nap. I rocked him for almost an hour and he would not shut his eyes. I gave up. I showered, packed him up and ran to the store. Ezra needed new pajamas and a new toy basket. I found Marshall some new Pj pants. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while. We came home and I whipped up some taco soup (My favorite) and found that Ezra loves kidney beans. He likes the oddest foods.

After Dinner Marshall and I discussed our goals for the new year.
Here are mine.

-Run or Workout Daily
-Eat more salads//Drink more water
-Read scriptures daily
-Attend  the Temple regularly
-Learn to use new camera
-Save $100 p/wk
-Purchase new cutting shears and thinning shears.
-Be more compassionate.

There are of course things that I hope we can do this year.
such as...

-Refinish our basement.
-Organize all of our closets.
-Purchase a safe and reliable second vehicle (By November)
- Start to landscape our yard.
-Replace the exterior door to the salon
-Plant flowers or hostas up the sidewalk to the salon.
-Plan a family getaway
-Be thrifty and smart with all our spendings.
-Be diligent about our emergency preparedness//food storage
-Serve more people in need
-Make new friends


I hope that 2012 has already started off on a good note for you, I know I am ecstatic about this new year! I love a fresh start.

Cheers to you and your fresh start!