Monday, April 30, 2012

My Monday::

I woke up to my cell phone ringing in my ear. I was so groggy and confused at who would be calling me at 7:30 in the morning. My eyes slowly adjusted to the blue lit screen and I noticed it was Marshall. What?? The light was still on in the hallway and he hadn't kissed me goodbye, this couldn't be him. So I thought... He tried to tell me that he had to make a mad dash to the bus this morning and that he had almost missed it. I was too ticked he woke me up to care what he was trying to tell me so I almost hung up on him, besides the reception on those city buses kinda suck.

I rolled out of bed a little later and crept by Ezra's door. I heard a little moaning and groaning and popped his door open, he rolled a bit. And I went in and snatched him up. He was clearly still exhausted and wanted to keep sleeping. I knew I should have left him in there, but I pulled him and sat with him on my chest while I rocked in our glider. I don't remember the last time he has allowed me to wrap my arms around him and rock him in the rocker. His arms didn't flail and there wasn't even a kicking escape. He burrowed his head into my chest and wrapped his little arms around my sides. His legs bent into his body and I stroked his neck and tickled his back. We rocked for nearly a half hour, and it made me kind of sad. My little baby boy... he turned a 18 months on Saturday. He is no longer a baby. He is little boy. And rocking in that chair with his body folded up to fit in my lap, made me realize that he is getting bigger and I can't do anything about it.

After a messy breakfast (he insists on feeding himself-- you know, like a big boy;) We took our shower/bath. Which is the only way I get a shower these days. I pop him in the tub, run some water. I jump in, throw the shower head on while he plays at my feet, I wash up, hop out and rinse down the tub, then put the drain plug in and give him his bath. Isn't that how a busy mom would get ready for the day? It works every time, and it keeps our mornings running smooth.
I blew him bubbles while I dried my hair and did my makeup.
Put him down for his morning nap around 9:45. He slept until 12:30 or so. He needed it after being woken up earlier than he may have liked.

While he napped, I did my friend, Jen's hair. We lifted her color and transformed her into a sun kissed blonde. It looked beautiful! She brought her adorable kids over and after some persuasion they both had their hair trimmed as well. She sent me these photos of her and her beautiful kiddos.



My Mom made it over right before Ezra woke up. We made mac and cheese for lunch. My mom did my dishes. I love when she does my dishes. I colored her gray hairs and kept Ezra entertained. I pulled out his little faux leather chair and set up a little movie for him to keep him busy. He sits like such a little man.



Ezra went down for his afternoon nap smoothly, and I was able to start some laundry and kick my feet up. Ezra and I napped until almost 6pm!
Marshall stayed at work later than usual. The bus dropped Marshall off by McDonald's. He hopped into the car in the drive thru lane. I ate my cheeseburgers and fries while driving to our friends house for a joint family home evening. Ezra had too much fun, he didn't want to leave.  He stampered his feet and even bit my gut. He probably had a little too much sleep today.

Once we got home, we put him down for sleep and snuggled on the couch and caught up on Once Upon a Time.

I scheduled a million appointments today for this upcoming week and next and this weekend our family is coming into town! Marshall and I are throwing a little BBQ for them!

Have a great week!