Sunday, May 13, 2012

{{Mothers}}


On July 11, 1981, this young woman folded her long legs beneath her. She sat herself in front of the hallway mirror that filled their upstairs wall of the home she grew up in. Of all the times she may have walked past this mirror and seen her reflection, this day it would be changed forever. 
Her hair is left to air dry as she fumbles through compacts and brushes, choosing and applying colorful shades to compliment her olive skin.

Hours later she will be married.

And years later she will become a mother. Once, twice and even three times over.

I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday. I remember the jitters in my stomach and the flood of emotion that filled my soul. I remember looking back and trying to look forward over and over again in just a single day. I remember trying to imagine our lives past that very day.
I remember the warmth in my heart when I imagined myself surrounded by children that I knew were mine.

Just as my mother couldn't see the life that laid before her as she looked in the mirror on that very day. Neither could I.

But now that I have seen a little piece of what my life has become as a mother.
I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Becoming a mother was one of the most amazing blessings I have ever been honored with.
It is a responsibility unlike anything else in this world.
And it truly is a God given miracle that is not to be taken lightly.

I pray for anyone who wants nothing more than to be a mother, but who can't conceive.
I pray for the mothers who have the blessing of having a child but deny them.
I pray for the single mothers.
I pray for the married mothers.
I pray for all the mothers.

I especially pray for my own mother, who I hold dear to my heart.
My prayers are mostly of gratitude for having her in my life and for loving me.
 She exemplifies charity,tenderness,compassion,love and affection.
She is the most beautiful person I know and I cherish her.


Happy Mothers Day
to you and your Mothers.