Monday, May 14, 2012

My Monday::

I slept in this morning. And sleeping in for me is 7:41 am. I thought this was another morning where Marshall left without my kiss, but I was wrong, he missed his bus. I am pretty sure Ezra slept in this morning as well. Marshall said good morning to Ezra in his most sing songy morning voice (imagine it) and pulled him out of his crib. He then brought him into our dark room, all I could see were their silhouettes. As they crept closer, I squinted my eyes and was able to see there happy faces. I knew it was going to be a good day. Ezra reached his little arms out toward me and gave me a second long hug and cuddle and climbed all over me. We all rolled out and that is how my Monday began.

Ezra insisted on sitting in a laundry basket and bask in the sun. I pulled him around on the carpet until he decided that wasn't as fun as he maybe thought. We had a quick breakfast and shower/bath and waited for Sam and Destany to arrive so we could go on a morning walk before Ezra's morning nap.

Destany is such a wonderful little helper, she immediately started putting Ezra's sandals on his chubby little feet.

We walked to the bridge and back.


We watched the 10 am train chug by us choo chooing the whole way.
Ezra loved being able to see this up close, we usually just pretend to pull our imaginary choo choo lever from our living room.


Once we made it back, I put Ezra down for his nap and ran to the grocery store while Sam stayed at my house.

JoAnne and I had a day of fun planned.
I dolled her up, we went to lunch, took her shopping.

After our shopping trip, Ezra and I took our afternoon naps and I woke up a little before Marshall came home from work, threw some rice in the rice cooker. I snuck on Ezra to see if he was awake and sure enough, he was content in his crib rubbing his blanket in between his fingers. I pulled him out and snuggled him up quick.

I had to leave on the fly to babysit my friend's little guy, Aaron.


Afterwards, I ran to JoAnne's to help her with some photos for her awesome new website.
That didn't take too long, and I was able to make it home to my boys who were still in the yard playing.

I made Ezra come inside and get cleaned up for the night. We soaped and scrubbed him and had a quick Family Home Evening on prayer.


Marshall and I were able to watch the season finale of Once Upon a Time and it was amazing. We cannot wait until it starts up again!

We have another busy week ahead of us and look forward to it!

I hope you had a wonderful start to your week.
Enjoy the weather!

**Late tonight I learned that my cat, Bernie who I had to give to family before I was married, had to be put down tonight due to kidney failure. I am so sad. I haven't seen him in 4 years, but he brought so much joy to my life when I needed it. I am grateful for the family that  loved and cared for him (and Betty, my other cat) I hope they can find comfort at this time.