Monday, July 16, 2012

//My Monday

I woke up to a quiet house this morning. 
I showered in peace, had my corn pops in silence and even updated my beauty blog.
I even managed to get the salon ready for my first client.

Ezra slept in, and he has been a little off schedule since we got back into town.
He woke up around 9 am, and then there was a knock on the door! Our friends came by to drop off a treat and they offered to take Ezra to the park while I took my first client. They are so awesome. I didn't really know what I was going to do with him while I took my client, so they totally saved me. (Phew!!) It was such a treat for him to be out, he came home sweaty and hot. I almost think it was too hot for his little body. I promised him that we would stay in for the remainder of the day. (no matter how much he hated it)

I met a new client today and absolutely fell in love with her, I didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to hang out with me all day, she was so cool. I shopped online, and I made some grilled cheese.
When Ezra woke up from his nap, we had lunch together and  after I cleaned him up we ran to Target.
I needed to make an emergency run for toothpaste,body wash, a new bra, and nighttime diapers. 

. I tried to put Ezra down for a nap but he just cried and moaned  almost the entire time he should have been napping. I am not sure he slept a wink, but he needed the quiet time. I had another hair appointment, Marshall would be home in any minute and since Ezra was awake from his nap, I gave him some pretzels and popped in Dora and Diego to keep him busy in the meantime. He is such a good kid and he was so happy to just chill for a bit.
After I finished my client, Marshall and I both agreed that Ezra's chicken nuggets looked delicious, so we baked some for ourselves, I tried to make it a meal with instant mashed potatoes and only felt a little unsatisfied and disgusting afterwards. 
We tried to have a nice family home evening on prayer but Ezra pulled out all his Lego's and drove his car up my legs and over my head the entire lesson. He only folded his arms and bowed his head for a second, but that was good enough for us. 
Marshall put him to bed while I was able to chill on the chaise. I looked around at our house. It was nice and tidy earlier. There were fresh vacuum lines in the carpet and the toys were all in their place. The dishes were even in the cabinets and the dish drain was empty! But now... there are toys everywhere I look, there are crumbs on the counters, pillows on the floor and dishes in the sink. Marshall left to visit someone from church and he promised me before he left that he would come home and pick everything up before he went to bed. What a man. 
I am so grateful for him, because I am exhausted after a day like today.

Happy Monday!