Monday, July 30, 2012

My Monday//

My Monday has wrapped up. I am laying on the chaise with my cell phone on my belly and my laptop in my lap and I just heard Ezra cough from his bed. We learned this weekend that our boy has an ear infection. We never would have known with his happy little smile and his dance-y little feet but when he tried to eat, he would grab his ear and scream/cry. It broke our hearts and we felt helpless. We packed him in the car and rushed him to the minute clinic, after a little wait and a grumpy ole' doctor we were out of there with antibiotics in hand and sick little kid. I stayed home from church so I could nurse my boy back to health. But sure enough, the medicine kicked in and he was good as new. He still doesn't sound like my boy, but he seems a LOT better than yesterday.

Ezra woke up with the sun this morning. I cursed the sun. I wasn't ready to wake up, but knew I had a busy morning and afternoon ahead. This morning was the first morning Ezra was awake in time to see Marshall off to work since being home from our trip to Hawaii. I think our clocks have all adjusted back to Minnesota time. I think it took us a good three weeks.

Ezra found one of my hair clips and insisted on wearing it in his bangs like I do. For a moment, I had a small vision of what a little girl of ours could look like. I am dreaming up faces of our next baby.
Ezra was so delightful this morning and has been an unbelievable help the past few days. He throws things away for us, and picks things up off the floor, he brings us things that we ask for and when we say "Thank you" he smiles smugly and swings his arm from side to side. I know he is so happy to help. He is such a fun kid to have around.

After a very large breakfast and a bath, I had to run to Sally's to pick up a million razor blades. I usually buy all that they have. But this time I left 3 to be nice. We made it back in time to start some laundry. I had no idea I had neglected it for so long. Underneath the laundry chute laid 6 feet of laundry... who even makes that tall of laundry piles... It took me a while to sift through it all, but I did it. I have a lot of laundry to fold. I know what I will be doing for the rest of the week.

Ezra went down easy for his morning nap and I had 2 haircut appointments that took me the rest of the morning. I warmed up some leftovers for lunch and Ezra and I ate while watching probably the funniest thing I have seen in the longest time. (Wipeout-Blind date edition) I was laughing so hard I was crying.

After lunch, I needed to make another trip out for another business run. This time on the other side of town and then I needed to make a delivery to a client. (I am the best hairstylist in the world)

We made it home in record time. Ezra and I played puzzles and trucks and when he seemed restless I put him down again. I love that he still needs two naps a day.

I normally crawl up on the chaise to take my afternoon nap, but with my growing belly, I figured I would be more comfortable in our bed with a pillow between my knees. I was right. I was out like a light.

I woke up to the lightest knock on the door. It was my mother. I waddled and squinted from nap to the door and there stood my mother with my grandmas painting in her hands. I died. Then I took it from her immediately. I love my mother. And I love this painting.

I colored my mom's hair before Ezra woke from his nap. Sure enough, he woke up as I finished her.

We played and visited for the rest of the afternoon. She talked me through the most delicious Mushroom soup recipe that we had for dinner. It is to die for. It is super heavy and so bad for you, but very much delicious.

After dinner, Marshall borrowed our neighbors pickup to pick up some concrete keystone blocks from his parents. He is still not home.



Ezra and I tossed all the pillows on the floor again and rolled around until he was tired out. I read him stories and sang to him instead of Marshall, I think he was ok with it. He smiled while I laid him down.

As I walked out his door, I thought to myself what a wonderful day it was. We did so much together, Ezra and I, and then I got a little sad. In a few months, it won't just be me and Z, there will be another. I hope he doesn't resent me for having another baby. I hope he thanks me for having another person to love besides his mommy and daddy.

I have another busy week ahead. I am looking forward to my 16 week OB appointment in the morning.