Monday, August 6, 2012

::My Monday

I didn't want to wake up. And I didn't want to hear Ezra wake up either. I was exhausted, and I didn't have a morning hair appointment to even get ready for.I planned for a morning and afternoon filled with chores,phone calls and errands.
After scraping myself from the sheets and walking like a zombie towards Ezra's room, I was blinded by the sun that was piercing through the drapes. I thought my eyeballs were going to melt. I swear Ezra was laughing at me when I walked into his room with squinted eyes and a serious case of bed head.

We had a messy breakfast and took out shower/bath immediately after. I had the sliding glass door open and could feel how beautiful of a morning it was. After quickly throwing on some clothes and dressing Ezra we kicked on our shoes and went out back. It was beautiful. I didn't want to move for the rest of the day.


As Ezra ran his little body wild, I was able to watch, to breath, to relax and even was able to read scriptures from my phone (so convenient) I was at peace with everything around me. I truly felt energized for the rest of the day. (I didn't even take a nap!)




When Ezra went down for his morning nap, I looked at my list of things I needed to get done. I was being ambitious when I made it, I knew I would only get a couple of chores marked off.

I made a couple hair appointments, I made a couple of orders, I started the laundry, I scrubbed my bathroom, I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and made a list of things we needed from Target.


After a delicious egg salad sandwich for me and pb and honey for Ezra (imagine that?) we ran to Target. I was able to order my contacts AND (really cute) glasses for a really reasonable deal. We got everything we needed, plus some- you know how it goes?
When we got home, I was pooped. I had so much more to do.... I had rooms to dust,sweep and mop... I had hair appointments to take and laundry to finish but all I wanted to do was eat crackers and take a nap.
After putting Ezra down for a nap, my hair appointment showed up, and after her appointment... was another appointment. Ezra was up from his nap and extremely needy. I needed to start dinner and Marshall would be home very soon. This is when survival mode kicks in... Ya know, the self talk.. the prayers.. the clock checking every 2 minutes.

I did my best to keep him happy.
Soon enough, Marshall was home and dinner was served. We had fettuccini alfredo with brocolli and it was better this time than all the times before.

We ate quick, and had a short and sweet family home evening on being thankful. Ezra is just starting to say "thanks" and "thank you" so this was very appropriate.

I have a pretty easy week planned and I am SO looking forward to it! I have a lot to get done around our house.

(This was Marshall on Saturday.. he looked like this most of the day)

Did I mention we started on the deck and it looks fabulous! Marshall and I just sat outside on Saturday night and dreamed about how lovely our yard and home will look once it is finished. Everytime we do something with our home we love it even more, we are loving making it our own.