Monday, August 27, 2012

My Monday//

I hear Ezra crying and yelling, "Daddy...! Daddy.." around 6:30 this morning. I did what any other mother would do after hearing that. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to rock myself back to sleep for another half hour. Besides.. he wasn't calling for his mommy. Moments later I saw Marshall's shirtless body go into Ezra's room and I could hear his low morning voice trying to soothe Ezra's cries. I think he knew it wasn't the weekend anymore and that his dad was leaving for work. Not to mention, stuck with me for the entire day. Poor kid.

You can probably guess how our Monday started.. because all our days are exactly the same...

Breakfast.Shower/Bath....

But this morning.... we dropped off a redbox movie at our grocery store, ran to the thrift store, ran another errand. Made it home in time for me to do a haircut for a friend, had lunch and took an afternoon nap (the both of us)

I have been having to fight myself to wake up from these naps these days. I have been conking out into the deepest of sleeps.

When I finally woke up, I pulled Ezra out of his crib and kissed his warm cheeks. I sat him at the table so he could finish his sandwich from lunch. I caught up with my sister over the phone and told her about my crazy dreams. Ezra and I then snuggled on the couch for a little bit so we could finish waking up.

I knew we had a long while until Marshall would get home from work and I didn't have the energy to run after Ezra today. I was being lazy.



We helped each other put on our shoes and headed to the backyard. After losing an inner battle with myself, I succumbed to the watery mess. I filled up his plastic pool and his water table. I stripped him of his clothing privileges and he played in the water until dinner time. He was a mess. But oh was he happy. His smile is contagious and he didn't mind how freezing cold the water was that came from the hose. He loved it and I couldn't help but feel a little bad spraying his little body down with the water and laughing out loud to myself. His little feet danced on the wet grass as he squeezed his eyes shut and squealed in delight.

 
He had dirt under his toe nails. His TOE NAILS. I tossed him in the tub and gave him a major scrub down. The bottoms of his feet were so wrinkly all I could do was tickle and kiss them while I got him dried and clothed for dinner.


Marshall still wasn't home yet, Ezra and I said a dinner prayer by ourselves and had leftovers. I felt lonely. I wanted Marshall to come home so I had someone to talk to. Ezra was bored of me too. He insisted on watching "melmo" over dinner. I allowed it. I never allow that, but tonight I needed "melmo" too. He shoveled his food into his mouth without flinching. Handfuls of broccoli and chicken. I didn't make a sound. I didn't want him to know I was watching him or he may have stopped.


Marshall came home just as we were finishing up. I love hearing his voice in our house. It immediately puts me at ease. Ezra was so happy to see him today.

We played for the remainder of the evening (which wasn't much-- I am sure Ezra knows he was gypped on the timing with his daddy) Marshall read him stories and I listened in while he sang him a song. I love sneaking a listen to those guys, it is so sweet. I hope Ezra grows up remembering that his father was the one to read and sing to him every night.

Now, Marshall is downstairs washing his laundry, (I ask him if I can do it, because I don't mind. I don't think he trusts me with his work clothes.)
And I am literally, counting down the hours until tomorrow afternoon when we go to our 20 week ultrasound. I am so excited! I have no clue what to expect! I love surprises and this is a good one!

Hope you had a great start to your week!

We will announce our news tomorrow!