Monday, September 3, 2012

My Monday @ The Mn State Fair//


We haven't missed going to the State Fair in years. We look forward to it every summer and it comes and goes before we know it. We of course end up barely missing it by going the last day it is open, every year.

We drive to a parking lot and park and take a bus into the fairgrounds, we love it. Ezra of course loved being on a bus, too.

The first thing we did was meet up with my parents and head straight to the Giant Slide. I was a little jealous that Marshall got to ride down with Ezra, but it was so fun to watch. Ezra was emotionless, he stared blankly  and his hair was wild. But afterward he was wanting to do it again.


We met up with my dear friend, Michelle and her two kiddos. She left her husband home and I can't believe how amazing she is tackling the crowds and her children by herself.






Her children's eyes hypnotize me, I have never seen such blue eyes in my life!

Afterwards, we headed to the barns. We steered clear of the pig barns (No swine flu for us!)
Ezra thought all the goats were doggies, and learned to say "chicken" today.



Marshall and I split a steak sandwich, I had to try to the veggies fries and also had an apple cider float.



We headed back to the horse barns after lunch and met up with one of my clients/friends who have their horse at the fair every year! Her horse is beautiful! Ezra was definitely shy and wanted nothing to do with the horse for almost 30 minutes, it took his (big,strong,brave) daddy to sweep him up and show him courage.
















We stopped to watch the parade go by. I love parades, and wacky wheeler was really wacky. Not to mention having a ton of stamina to work that wheel for as long as he did!



After the slide, the animals, the food, the heat, the parade, the family, the friends and all the walking, Ezra was beat. I was beat, and I was convinced that I had rub the bottom of my foot off onto my sandals. 

I needed one more thing before our journey home and we made one more stop. I needed a jumbo sized root beer and we stopped at the Vote Yes (marriage is between one man and one woman) booth for some supportive buttons.

I don't like to talk politics, and I never will. But I do and will talk about the love I have for my husband and for my child(ren). I believe that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to Heavenly Father's plan. I will do what I can to stand for what I know is true. 


Ezra napped 2 minutes into the drive home, and Marshall and I collapsed together on the traditional napping chaise.

We had an extremely healthy dinner (compared to all the fair food) tilapia, rice and broccoli.
Marshall and Ezra played outside, and then came inside for our family home evening. Tonight, our lesson was on our bodies. Ezra learned about how we are created in God's image, we even sang "head, shoulders, knees and toes" Well, I sang it and did the motions, but without touching my toes- this belly isn't making that very easy these days.

It was a beautiful day, and I know I had a ton of fun with my boys and meeting all our friends and family at the fair.

I hope you had just as much fun on this Labor Day 2012!