Monday, October 29, 2012

My Monday:

I remember Marshall whispering me his 'I love yous' and leaving early... and the next thing I knew, I was sleeping in. I don't even remember the last time I slept in after 8 am. Ezra has barely slept past 8 am his entire life, and this morning he was pushing 9! It was almost blissful. I was cozy warm under our twisted duvet cover and I didn't want to move. But I longed to hold my sweet little 2 year old.


Of course, the moment I heard his scratchy voice I ran to him. He didn't want to open his eyes either, and I didn't blame him. Mondays are the pits. Especially after the weekend we had. Probably one of the coolest weekends of his short little life. He saw all his family had way too much  sugar and opened  birthday gifts all just.for.him. He was spoiled rotten and I secretly loved it and may or may not have encouraged it.


We played with all his new toys this morning, pieces of Mr. Potato Head were every where I stepped. Ezra still hasn't learned to kick them out of his way before putting his feet down. There were lots of kisses on his feet because of this.


Ezra also joined me in my prenatal yoga exercise video. I was silently chuckling as I watched him sit next to me cross legged with his right hand on his heart and his left hand on his 'growing baby' - Namaste. It was adorable. This was one of those moments where I wish I had someone around to take a picture of us together.

I was trying to fill our lackluster afternoon with 'exciting' things to keep him busy. I love to vacuum, and because of my abounding love for this, Ezra of course shares the same feelings. He grabs his little lawnmower (he thinks it is a vacuum) and vacuums along side me. This kept us busy until lunch time.


When I asked him what he wanted for lunch today, his response barely surprised me. 'yogurt and cake' ha! I had to remind him that his birthday was over! ( even if we do have way too many leftover birthday goodies)... this isn't a complaint,merely an invitation to please come over and help us finish them!

I stayed in comfy clothes with air dried hair that I foiled a pinch darker early this afternoon. My face had been slathered in moisturizer and not a stitch of makeup. Thankfully I had a client come in this evening for an appointment which keeps me from me being completely sloppy for the rest of the day.

I made one of the easiest dinners I know, and one of my most favorite! Marshall had to eat on the fly and run off to a swim meeting. He met the parents and swimmers for his upcoming season.
Ezra and I played with the wilted balloons from the weekends parties, and we flipped through our family home evening manual and talked all about the pictures. He loves the pictures of the Temple and of Jesus. He loves that he knows what things are now, and he is not shy to tell you all about what is in the photos.

I read him way more than just 1 story before bed and when I sang him one song, he shook his head 'no- and said, 'again!' I died a little. He wanted me to keep on singing. So I did. I sang him 3 more songs, and may or may not have made up words as I went along.

Today was one of those days that I am beyond grateful for the life that I have been blessed with. I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

Marshall and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary on Thursday! 4 years for us! woo woo!! We have a traditional salmon dinner and Martinelli's apple cider to celebrate. I love my man, and even though it's been 4 years, I still get butterflies.

Have a wonderful week!