Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11//Happy Times and Not so Happy Times

Our lives are not perfect. We have our up days and we have our down days.
For us, today was not an up day. It was a down day.

Ezra isn't doing well, we believe he may have caught a bug or has a touch of food poisoning. He isn't able to keep anything that he eats down and he isn't wanting to eat anything. 

He is also very quiet and very snuggly, he has been laying on the floor and crawling around..and he is barely smiling. As parents, this is one of the most heartbreaking things we have yet experienced.

Marshall and I keep looking at each other with the same sad eyes, wondering when our little boy will be healthy again. 

It is moments like these where I am so grateful of the happy times we have in our lives, because the sad times are so sad.

I do have to say though, that as grateful as I am for the happy times, I am equally as grateful for the hard times. I feel as though I personally learn the most in my trials. I learn of my faith in my Savior, and to rely on him and all that he is capable of. I am also reminded of the power prayer has when I  desperately need comfort or guidance on how to move forward.

I think of all the really hard trials that I have overcome in my life and realize now that those were truly developmental moments in who I have become over time. I am thankful for all of them.

I am sure through Ezra's little stomach bug that my Heavenly Father is teaching me something wonderful. I look forward to looking back and being whispered in my spirit exactly what it was that strengthened me as a woman, as a mother and as a daughter of God.