Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day14// Our Warm Home.




Marshall has been working in our attic every weekend for the past couple months. He has been seailing up bypass leaks, seal foaming cracks and openings, putting in vents and adding more insulation. 

I hear him walking around on his knees, shuffling around and I wait for him to come crashing through the ceiling every time he is up there.

Our house has never been warmer. I feel so snuggly and comfortable and I am beyond grateful. 

When we first brought Ezra home from the hospital, two years ago,our power went out for a couple days. I remember Ezra sleeping on my chest through the night while I snuggled close next to Marshall to stay warm. I remember even wearing 2 sweatsuits to bed. When I had to wake up to nurse Ezra, I could literally see my breath and the last thing I wanted to do was to pull up my sweatshirt to feed my baby. I remember then, being so grateful for our body heat keeping us warm.

It is such a blessing to be able to live in a nice warm home that my husband works so hard at maintaining. I know that when the weather gets even cooler (because it has been beautiful and I am not (yet complaining) I will be even more grateful.