Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day18// The Spirits of Children

There is nothing quite like the spirits of little children. 

I watched in a awe as Ezra floated around the room with the cape that his cousin wrapped around his tiny little shoulders. I recognized an immediate change in his demeanor as he moved and the cape hovered over the ground beneath him. 

His world around him instantly become more awesome than he had seen it all before. 
I couldn't help but almost stalk his every move as he moved around the house. Little beads of sweat formed on his head and his cheeks grew rosy as the minutes passed. I fell more in love with my child in these moments than I knew could be possible.

It made me think of this scripture.

"Becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
-Mosiah 3:19

And it made me so grateful for the spirits of children, and how much we must try to be like them. Children are innocent and we can learn so much from them and their submissiveness, meekness, patience, love and willingness to do things...I am grateful to have a little boy(s) in my home that exemplify these Christlike characteristics that I must strive to live and learn by.

Children truly are the sweetest little blessings on this Earth. 
I am so grateful for their precious spirits and all that they are capable of teaching us.