Friday, December 21, 2012

Fun Facts Friday:Still in the Hospital

Marshall and I went back and forth on what day it was today. He convinced me it was Friday, all along I thought it was Thursday! 


We are still waiting....


Ezra even knows he is waiting for something. We are being as patient as we possibly can be to take our newest addition home with us.
Let's jump right into our Fun Facts, shall we?

-Ezra and Marshall visit me every morning. They stay for almost 2 hours and we usually hang out on my hospital bed. Ezra eats some 'marshmallow treasures' my cereal of choice in the hospital. I have finished off two boxes in a little over a week. (With Ezra's help) These visits keep me going.

-My older sister jokingly asked if I liked Ezra more than I liked Eli. My completely honest answer was that I didn't know Eli. I know Ezra and the more I get to know Ezra I love him a million times more. As I have spent the last nine days and nights in the hospital I am growing to know Eli even more and I am incredibly attached. I can't explain the love I have for my boys. I know just a couple weeks ago, I couldn't wrap my head around loving and caring for another child, but now, I cannot imagine not having Eli in our lives. He is such a sweetie.



-Eli is doing SO much better. In the last 24 hours he has completely turned around. He is keeping his temp, Nursing on demand and gaining weight. *Thank you all for your prayers!

-You should see all the milk I have frozen.. so far. I don't care who you are, you would be so impressed.
Also- the nurses told me that a mom once brought them cookies and as they were finishing them off she told them she made them with her own breast milk. They said they all wanted to die. HA HA! So funny. (Please note- I will never be baking with my breast milk. Baby ONLY!)

-I have a number of friends who are due to have their babies very soon and I cannot wait to meet their little ones! Such an exciting time! Eli will have so many friends his age, so awesome.

-I keep saying this, and I will say it again. Our goal is to be home by Christmas. I am really hoping Sunday-- But Christmas eve at the latest (Crossing our fingers!)


-If Marshall had to be a single dad, he would be amazing. I am sure his blood pressure would be a little high from all the chips and pizza, not to mention the stress of it all, but whenever I remind him of something, he responds with..."Babe, this is not my first rodeo..." --It is true. He has been a dad as long as I have been a mom. But I can tell he is ready to have me take over. I am happy to.


-Ezra has had a blast the last week or so. He has been able to play with his grandmas, and grandpas,aunts, uncles,cousins, and friends. We are SO GRATEFUL to everyone who has gone out of their way to watch Ezra for us. We have been overwhelmed with all the love and support we have received.

- I haven't had a chance to take any real photos of Eli since we have been here. I will soon enough though. Just you wait.

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!