Friday, January 4, 2013

Fun Facts Friday::

What a week!
We started off our week celebrating our little Christmas with our little family.
Ezra was more excited about his shovel and mini flashlight than anything else. I was just happy to be at home with my boys. Celebrating Christmas on any day besides the real day, just isn't the same. I hope we never have to do that again.
 


Ezra, Eli and I have been surviving. This week by far has been the hardest weeks of my life.
I am tired, run down, overwhelmed and sore.
But this is to be expected with a new born and a toddler, I signed up for this. The wonderful thing about it all is that I know it will get better and oh so wonderful in time! I keep looking forward to the summer, when Ezra can run around in our yard and Eli and I can cheer him on and watch him from the deck. I am so looking forward to warmer days.
 
Here are a couple Fun Facts:
-I have barely any photos of Eli. The reason- I cannot put him down and hold a camera in my hands. I have to keep Ezra from smothering him. We cannot leave Eli with Ezra EVER. Unattended.
-Ezra is playing by himself SO much better than I thought he could. This in itself has been such a blessing.
-Marshall snuggles Eli after he gets home from work so I can go to sleep early.
-We have received dinner meals every night this week and it has been such a help for us! I would never be able to mix up a meal for all of us with everything going on. I am so grateful for these delicious meals and the hands that have prepared them! They have been amazing!
-A clogged milk duct will be the death of me. These are worse than contractions (in my mind) Because I am nursing and have a phenomenal milk supply, this is bound to happen. This is also one of the things that they never tell new mommies about, so here is my warning for all the new moms out there, this happens-- and it can be preventable. Never stop nursing, massaging or adding hot/moist pads.
- I also do not enjoy pooping.
- I still love my baby video monitors- They have been amazing. I have felt comfortable with Eli in his own room in his own crib.
- I have been taking a few hair appointments here and there and have been so happy to do so. I need the time out from the babies.
-People have been telling me to take it easy, but what they don't understand is that I love to work! I love to clean and to work in my home. When I was in the hospital for 16 days, I ached to be home to do all my chores and to take care of my family. I want to do it!
 - Eli eats all night and all day long. It is like he can't get enough. And it is killing me. There is a reason why I have such a plethora of milk stock piled in our freezer.
-Ezra is finally over his ear infection, but has developed an ugly rash on his belly. We think it could be from his antibiotics, but it is enough to make us nervous. We worry about our boys.

 
I am looking forward to the weekend. I love when Marshall can be home with us longer than his usual hour in the night. Ezra and I (and Eli, I am sure) really miss Marshall when he is gone all day long.
I cannot wait to get out of the house and to see people! I am missing all my friends and I am dying to set up play dates. Soon enough Eli will get a little bigger and we can resume our normal activities!

Have a great weekend! Happy 2013!