Friday, May 10, 2013

Fun Facts Friday:

I feel like if I could trap each day and each special moment that I have with my sweet little boys and put it in it's own glass jar. I would,too.
I would label it, polish the tin top and place it on a gigantic shelf filled with all the other special moments we have spent together. I wouldn't dare open it- I wouldn't want our special memories to get lost in the crazy air that fills our lives or the lives of others around us. I would let it sit safe in it's place and maybe hold it in my hands to cherish that memory that we have all spent together. As mother's day approaches, my heart is filled with so much gratitude, I feel like it could explode. I am so grateful that I am a mother, that I can be at home with my boys and that I can teach them first, about all there is to know about life. What an honor.


Here are a few fun facts:

- Eli's eyes are the best. I feel like I get lost in them. I always tell Marshall that our boys have the coolest eyes. They are a little bit teddy bear- a lot of kind and whole lot of deep and dark.

- There are so many things that Ezra loves right now, and I am not going to lie- it has been kind of easy to bribe him with just about anything. He loves to watch shows and since we don't have television it is a really rare treat that he gets to watch something- if he is running around outside and I need him to come inside to eat lunch, I tell him that he can watch a little show while he eats and that boy literally clicks his heels together and runs right in. It's too easy.

-Ezra also gets into his own little world when he plays. I love to watch him and to listen to his little voice as his imagination runs wild.



-Ezra is not afraid of bugs. This kills me. I hate bugs. He will pick them right up and carry them around. He has a collection of bugs in the back of his cozy coupe and boy is he proud to drive that car around with those dead bug corpses in the trunk of little car. (Should I be worried?)

- I am pretty sure Elias knows that I watch him like a crazy mom over the video monitor. I am sure he can just sense it.

- Elias is growing up way too fast. He squeals and squeaks, coos and giggles. He has a lot to say and he is an extremely happy and easy baby. Some say I am lucky, I say I am blessed.


- It's okay not to be friends with everyone. I don't know if I have shared this thought before or not, but I have to remind myself of this often. If someone isn't going to help you to be a better person, you don't need them in your life and that is okay.

- My heart sings when people feel comfortable talking to me about their faith  and their beliefs. I love nothing more than learning about what other people believe and have faith in. I find it incredibly inspiring to know that there is still so much good in a world filled with so much bad.

- I have a new calling within my church. I am proud to say it is in one of the largest women organizations in the world, it is called Relief Society. I am currently in the presidency and have already had so much opportunity to serve within the community and within the church. I can already feel myself growing with this calling and I am excited to be a part of something so good.

-We barely saw Marshall again this week. He has been very busy in the office- he is still enjoying his job but he says he misses us. I would miss us, too if I were him. We are looking forward to having him home this weekend.

-Have I told you how much I love my new phone? I do. I love my new phone. I feel so spoiled.

-Speaking of spoiled. Is it bad that I am hoping to be spoiled by my boys this weekend?


Have a beautiful weekend! Tell your mama that you love her.