Monday, July 15, 2013

My Monday::

I woke up this morning on my chaise with Eli in my lap- propped up on his boppy. I was so tired. I am not even sure how I ended up somewhere beside my bed. My hearing was foggy, and could barely make out what Ezra's little morning voice was saying. My hands rested on Eli's legs and were tingly from being asleep, they must have been stuck there for some time... not sure how long I had been asleep. Eli was up EVERY hour on the dot all night long. I thought I was going to die. Never before had he had night like this. Marshall moved across the room with his lunch packed and ready to go to work with Ezra following right behind and I could barely open my eyes to watch them. I was not happy about the morning.
Marshall gave me a kiss goodbye and said two words to me that basically stuck with me for the rest of the day.

It wasn't his usual "Love you " "Have a good day day"--- he said "Good Luck".....

He said, "Good Luck" as he left me...with our children, after a night of nearly any sleep an being completely fatigued. What did that even mean. He knew that I would need it. People say good luck to you when you need to perform your best, right? Is this what he was trying to tell me? Trying to wish me well? Or did he know that I would need it because he knew I would have my hands full and I was already a hot mess and the day hadn't even begun? I didn't want to think about it...but I knew I didn't like being told "good luck"

 I didn't want any kind of responsibility today. I just wanted to crawl in my bed and hide under my covers.

But the minute the front door shut behind him, I knew it was up to me to pull it together. My days aren't about me anymore. They are about my children and their needs come first and everything else comes after.



We had breakfast and baths, I started some laundry, folded some laundry and even did the dishes. The morning went a lot smoother than I had planned.




Ezra really tested my patience today. I even put him on the front step for a time out today while I watched out the window until his time out time was up. I am sure the neighbors think I am awful.

Ezra also refused to nap Friday and Saturday and I was praying today that he would want to nap. Heaven knew I needed one after last night. Thankfully, after lunch, Ezra and Eli both napped. I was finally able to crawl back into my bed until Eli woke up.



After the boys and I were up from our naps and Eli was fed and Ezra was snacked, I packed the boys up and went to Target. I picked up a noise machine for Eli's room and a birthday present for Ezra's cousin (my nephew.) We made it back in time to make some turkey burgers for dinner. Afterward, Marshall and Ezra sat on the couch and had a little lesson on the creation. Ezra loves the animals and he loves to talk about them. I had an appointment this evening that I was really looking forward to doing. I always love unwinding from the day with the boys by working in the salon. I sometimes forget who I am when I am with my wild boys all day. It's nice to be reminded that I have other gifts and talents besides burping a baby, making sandwiches and changing diapers.



My week is booked with hair appointments and activities with the boys. I am happy to be busy, but sad that July is already almost over!