Monday, December 16, 2013

My Monday!

We are finally healthy over here! Hallelujah!!

The needs of my family will always come first when it comes to updating my blog. But I really don't feel like you are missing anything by me missing a couple postings.

Here is what happened today!

Elf had finally arrived! Ezra named him, "Elf" and he dropped a letter off for the boys reminding them that he travels back to the North Pole to tell Santa if they have been naughty or nice. Ezra immediately pointed to himself and admitted that he was naughty.(I did not disagree--- he has had a little bit of a naughtier streak lately)


Later on, as I was reading Eli and Ezra the Elf on the shelf book, Ezra grabbed Eli's finger and bit it. I immediately placed Ezra in a time out and explained to him that we do not bite Eli.
I grabbed Eli and left the room and tried to finish getting ready for the day. Eli was playing in the hall when I went to shut my bedroom door and when it didn't shut all the way, I heard a POP and realized Eli's little finger was smashed in the frame and the door (where the hinges are) I smashed his little finger. B.A.D. 
He cried the cry that doesn't make sound just mouth open wide and no breath. I panicked. I called Marshall freaking out because I thought for sure I had broken his finger.  
I watched him as he tried to move and it was moving, this was a great sign. It was bruised immediately and looked swollen. I held ice on it and said a prayer as he tried to breathe through his screams. I felt terrible. I gave him some tylenol and put him down for a nap once he settled down. 

I put my finger in the door frame and shut the door to see what it would feel like to get my finger smashed. I deserved it. I mean, I didn't pull it the way I must have with him, but the little bit I did, I imagined he was in a lot of pain.
The miracle of this is that his finger is perfectly FINE! I swear, I heard a pop and I swear it was broken. That little finger had to have been bent all the way back when I saw it and miraculously, it is perfect. It isn't even bruised or swollen.
My panicked prayer was answered immediately.


I made the boys some lunch and it is so fun that the boys can eat the same things now. 
I made Ezra's favorite and Eli's now, as well. Turkey dog and mac and cheese.

Eli ate so much! 
Eli is also a master waver. If he even just hears "HI" he will throw his arm up in the air. He was doing this all day and I laughed every time. He is so fun.


Henry came over today!! We missed him so much the last couple weeks, it took the boys a moment to warm up to each other but they hit it off as usual.



They played Sneaky Snacky Squirrel terribly together. I was the only one into it. We put the game away and the boys immediately went to the couch cushions like old times and jumped until they were out of breath and sweaty.


I had to keep Eli close, he really wanted to be a part of the fun.


After Henry left, we all napped. I know the boys were exhausted from all the jumping and being so active. I was happy to shut my eyes for a little bit.

Eli and I were up before Ezra and Eli helped my fold the whites. It wasn't until this morning that I realized I wouldn't have any underwear or socks for the rest of the week if I didn't get the laundry done.

When Ezra woke up he remembered that I promised him he could watch a show. Fireman Sam is his favorite right now. I let him watch one show before dinner so he could concentrate on eating.

He hated the thought of dinner and refused to eat with us. I even bribed him with a Christmas cookie if he finished. He refused, so I let him leave the table and told him that he could eat in the morning. This is a battle not worth fighting. If he doesn't eat what I serve, he will suffer a natural consequence. Hunger/Starvation. 
I feed him 3 meals a day with snacks in between.I don't know what else to do. 
 I am doing the best that I can.

After being dismissed from the table, He became 'Santa's helper' and he grabbed a towel and wet it and was scrubbing the kitchen floor. He said that the floor was a mess and that is what 'Santa's helpers' do. 
I did not say another word. He scrubbed the entire floor. I love Santa's helpers.


It's the week before Christmas! 
I am so glad that I have all my shopping done! (For the most part!)
I will be busy in the salon getting everyone's hair done for the holiday and I am really looking forward to having Marshall home with us next week.

Have a great week!