Monday, February 17, 2014

My Monday::

I'm only now sitting down. I didn't realize how busy of a day it was until just this very moment...

My Monday started at 2:23 a.m.
Then, again and 4:48 a.m.... Then, for real at 5:45.

I didn't want to but I did anyways.. I rolled out of bed and chose to get on with it.
The boys needed me. All of them.

I showered quickly while Marshall ate his breakfast and tended to the boys morning antics. I put my pajamas back on though. I would change for the neighbor who was stopping by in the late morning for a trim and then put my comfy clothes back on. This might become a bad habit.



We said goodbye to Marshall and ate our breakfast, which lately has been a green smoothie (Ezra's new favorite) and cleaned our morning mess. We had school time and gave Ezra a haircut and even pretended to be Batman for a bit.


I did my neighbor's hair and afterward, rested on the couch while Ezra watched some videos on the letter G. This is his new favorite letter. I stared at the two large baskets of laundry that needed to be folded. I wasn't ready to tackle it quite then.

I waited for Eli to wake up from his nap so we could start lunch. He was hungry when he woke up. Eli and I ate, and I waited for Ezra to tell me he was hungry. I am tired of making him food that just sits on the table. I was happy when he came in and ate when he did.

After lunch we got ready for Henry to come. We were especially excited today. The boys were going to play in the snow in the backyard!




It was so fun to watch them out there. The snow was SO deep! They couldn't walk in it, it was easier to crawl.


I had to bribe them to come in with "Hot" cocoa with marshmallows. (I actually just add a little chocolate syrup to milk and nuke it in the microwave for a couple seconds.) They were so excited to drink out of real mugs.

They were dying to get to the couch cushions, it would have been a shame if they didn't pull at least one cushion down before Henry left.


After Henry left, Ezra told me he was ready for his quiet time. I pulled out his legos and asked him to be very quiet until Eli woke up from him nap. I was surprised when I actually didn't hear a thing from his room the entire time.

I used this time wisely. I folded the laundry and watched last nights Downton. (it was a good one!)

When the boys woke up, they played a little and we rolled on the floor until it was time to make dinner.
Tonight, I made chicken enchiladas. And Ezra gagged them down -- but only because I told him that we could make cookies together for after Family Home Evening. And Ezra insisted on feeding Eli his yogurt... and wearing his beard.


I gave the boys baths after dinner and then we started our oatmeal butterscotch cookies. Ezra is so sweet and eager to help. I never knew what a control freak I was until I started agreeing to allow Ezra to help me with things. He did great, regardless of my hovering.

We had a short and sweet FHE on saying "I'm sorry" Ezra is already almost TOO good at this, but I think the lesson went over well.

Marshall got home just as we were finishing and just before I was going to put the boys to bed. I was happy to see him, and of course, so was Ezra.
Marshall took over from here as I cleaned up the kitchen and put Eli down.

I don't know where the day went! I have a running list in my head of things that I need to get done around here and I am not even close to checking things off. Hopefully this week I can start getting some things done around here.

Have a great week! Enjoy the warmer weather!:)