Friday, June 6, 2014

Fun Facts Friday:

"Why are you out of your bed, Mom?"-- I rubbed my eyes to move my contact back into place and found a spot on the couch. "Mom, why aren't you sleeping?" Ezra asked again. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't napping because he was NOT napping and making a ruckus throughout the house. He was completely unsupervised because he hadn't stayed in his room for quiet time like he was supposed to. I am surprised he isn't tired after spending the afternoon at Elm Creek (again) I mean, I am exhausted, I REALLY have to parent at that place!;) It is no relaxing venture! But it sure is fun!




Here are a few fun facts from our week.

-Green smoothies are our favorite way to each fruits and veggies. Thank heavens for them.

-Eli also enjoys eating dirt. Of course we o our best not to let him, but he can't help himself.

-Ezra is done with naps. done. D.O.N.E. And Eli thinks he only needs one..... I am dying, people.

-After, finding Ezra's booger farm with chicken scratch circles drawn precisely around them last week,
This has been one of Ezra's VERY best weeks. He has been so incredibly polite and thought, courteous and gentle. He has been so reasonable and easy. I barely want to say it out loud. I have to say 3.5 years of age may be my favorite!(so far)

-Eli is starting to use words! He says, "What's this?" "Ouch" --(whenever he falls down) "Thanks" (barely sounds like it, but says something close to it anytime we hand him something) "Ezra, and "Mom" and "Dad" 

- Being at home with my children is the best in the summer time. I am having so much fun with them and have enjoyed watching their joy as we have been out. Children make everything better, I swear.

-We couldn't find Eli's glasses case anywhere and knew I had asked Ezra to pack it in the diaper bag on our way out the park the day before. I asked him where it was and he told me that he took it out and hid it at the park... I packed the boys up and we drove to the park early the next morning to search for it. Of course it was gone and I used this experience as a teaching moment for Ezra. But we found it that day.... In the couch.

- I am embarrassingly nervous about attending my high school's ten year reunion and keep talking myself out of it.

- I have a hard time not losing respect for people who lack morals. But it is hard. How do you respect someone who doesn't respect themselves or the world around them? 

 - I plan on mowing the lawn with Eli on my back and Ezra near by spraying the box elder bugs with our soap/water concoction, but it looks like it is going to rain!

- Marshall and I have a date to the Temple bright and early in the morning and we are getting breakfast after. I am SO excited! I love Breakfast food, and I love going to the temple with my husband.

-My laundry tubs that sit out all the time are now called my bucket of shame. I should be ashamed of myself for making my family live out of our buckets of laundry for the week. But I would rather do fun things!

We have a pretty light weekend planned and I am just looking forward to being with my family.

Here are few photos from our week.