Monday, June 30, 2014

My Monday:



My Monday was weird. For some reason, everything felt sideways and a little backwards. I still haven't put my finger on exactly why our day felt off. But here is how it went.
 (And unfortunately, only one photo was taken the entire day.)

I woke up at 5 am to get to the gym. I was so tired I didn't even fight my alarm clock- I just did what I was told. I rolled out of bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth and put on my work out clothes. I attended a full body resistance class with cardio. It was awesome! I was tired and sweaty when I left, but felt awesome throughout the day for putting my body to work.

It was just before 7am when I pulled into the driveway and I saw Ezra's little face in the window peeking through a small opening in our drapes. He was grinning from ear to ear and I could see him mouthing the words, "Mommy is home! Mommy is home!" and I knew my day had officially begun. Anything that happened before crossing the threshold back into our home was a hazy dream or something.

Ezra had a rough morning before Marshall left for work. He couldn't keep his hands off of Eli and even knocked down our lamp and broke his alarm clock. I knew I was going to have my hands full. I thought back to the times when he was like this before and methods that worked for us in the past, I reminded him that if he was to touch Eli unkindly again that we would put his toys in time out. He did NOT touch his brother at all for the rest of the day. It was almost magic.

I was able to get the boys fed, bathed and dressed before our babysitter arrived. I had two hair appointments this morning and knew they would have fun playing with the sitter until I was finished. Our sweet neighbor reminded me of our play date and I knew we just weren't going to make it today- the morning really got away from me and I felt terrible about it!
When I was finished in the salon, we had to drop off our sitter. The boys looked sweaty and exhausted. Their eyes were heavy and they were quiet the entire ride- I knew it would be a miracle if there were still awake by the time we got back home.

Both of them were snoring before I pulled in the driveway. It was just past noon and they hadn't had lunch.
I carefully placed them both into their beds with their sandals still on. I didn't dare attempt to unvelcro the straps.
Ezra napped until 2 and Eli napped until almost 3. It was awesome.
I was able to take care of some business work for the salon and for church. Which always feels good to accomplish.
The boys ate a huge late lunch and we went to the library to return and check out new books. Ezra loves the books on cds these days and it is such a treat for him to listen to the books in the car.

It was 5pm by the time we got home and I had no plans for dinner. I asked Marshall to pick up a pizza on the way home. I made myself a delicious salad and watched them eat their pizza. I actually didn't even want any pizza! It looked so unappetizing compared to my fresh green salad and felt bad for making them eat that. They never complained.

After our dinner, we took a family trip to Sams club. The boys were in good spirits, so the trip was a breeze.

We only had to wrestle the boys for a little while before putting them to bed, but all in all, the day wrapped up as it always does. Scriptures and prayer.

I am so excited for the rest of the week! Marshall is taking Thursday off and we plan on having fun as a family for the 4th of July. Not sure exactly what we have planned, but it will be nice to be together in the sun.


Hope you had a great start to the week and that you have a great week!