Thursday, July 31, 2014

Our time with Emily and our day at the MN Zoo:: Last weekend

We were so excited to have Emily home to visit for the weekend. Emily is Marshall's little sister. 
Here is a fun fact for you- Emily and I were friends before I met Marshall. In fact, my older sister and her have been best friends for years! Needless to say, I was more than thrilled to get her as an instant sister when I married Marshall. 

Ezra and Eli were in love. 
Ezra called her his "friend" and would be very concerned if she wasn't within arms reach of him. 

We took grandma and Emily to the Minnesota Zoo for the entire day. It was a blast and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to be outside with the wild life.

Some other cool things we were able to do and see this day:
-Emily and I woke up before 6 am and went to the gym. 
- I made pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. 
-Ezra insisted on wearing his OWN backpack to carry his OWN snacks. He is quite independent.
-The scuba diver is always Ezra's favorite and we love watching him feed the fish
-Too many animals with names I can't pronounce.
- The BIG BUG Exhibit. Ezra was scared of some of them, but not all and before leaving he asked to see them again, saying, "Please! Please! I promise that I won't be scared this time"
-I was surprised at how incredibly active all the animals were. They weren't hiding or sleeping like they usually are.
- Eli was a runner. He was so excited to see everything that he would just run. I put his little backpack leash on him for a moment but resorted to the stroller for most of our trip.
-Zoo fries are (still) my favorite food.
- Riding a camel with Ezra was a thrill! (I know, I need to get out more- but really.)
- The little guys and I all fell asleep 5 minutes into the ride home.

Here are some photos from the weekend.





















We spent the following day at Marshall's parent's home. The boys played with cousins on the slip and slide, and got as many snuggles in with Emily as they could before saying goodbye.

Later that night, I attended my 10 year reunion. I met up with a good friend for dinner beforehand and we dropped off our minivans at my parents so we could take a "cool car" (I'm not kidding, it was hilarious(to us anyways) 

I was able to see a bunch of my best guy friends from high school and it was great to catch up with them. While they are out earning their incredible educations and working in amazing professions, I am at home raising my adorable children. I truly can't ask for a better life than that. I was proud to tell my classmates all about them.

Of course, I panicked before I left and asked Marshall to send this photo to my sisters to make sure I looked okay. It wasn't until I was on the road my sister called to tell me that I should be wearing heels.



Last weekend was crazy and fun and definitely one to be remembered.