Monday, August 18, 2014

My Monday:

My Monday started off early.
 I craved the gym all weekend because I ate everything in sight and justified it because it was my "cheat" weekend (I kept telling myself this). I knew that I would be back at the gym Monday. It was good to be back. Not easy, but good.

After Marshall left for work, I hustled around straightening up the house while also getting myself and the boys ready for my first client. My mom came to help with the boys as I worked in the salon. Afterward, I gave the boys lunch and we ran a few errands with my mom. Everything is so much easier with her around. I am so grateful to have her near.



We stopped at the beauty supply and also at the Mall. Ezra wanted to ride the carousel - and when I say, "ride" I mean, RIDE. This boy made me s.i.c.k. I was literally looking for a string to grab to make the ride stop. I thought I was going to lose my breakfast all over myself. He was spinning his little wheel so ferociously that I thought we were going to fly right off of the carousel. Regardless, he had fun and that's the most important part. (I am NEVER riding on a carousel again. I am swearing them off completely. I can't handle spinning rides after having children. PLUS. My left ear is plugged and I swear I am losing my hearing- so this doesn't help.)



The boys were exhausted by the time we got home and Ezra even crawled in to take a nap with me. His body is a little heater next to mine and he moves like a fish in a net, but nap in the afternoon for him is a special treat for me.

Eli woke up sweet and hungry and Ezra followed. I cleaned up the kitchen while I made dinner. And the boys ate well tonight. I taught Ezra about the  MyPlate diagram and even printed out a picture of it for him to color after dinner. He understands more fully now that having fruit, veggies, protein and grains are all important at meal time. Now, if I could just get him to eat all of his dinner in one sitting.....

Marshall got home and I ate with him while the boys ran around squealing with laughter... until someone started crying. (As usual)



We had a family home evening, lead by Ezra. He totally took charge and we learned about sharing! (Again!) He chose the song and said the prayer.
((I made a special effort today to remind Ezra how very important he is to our family. Earlier, he told me that he didn't like himself and this broke my heart. I don't think he fully understood what he was saying, but when I asked why, he responded with, "cause, I am not nice" and I felt terrible. I know that I am constantly saying, "Ezra, don't _____, that is not nice..." and now I realize how damaging those words are to him. I will spend the rest of my week correcting myself and repairing Ezra. I am so grateful for these little moments I have to be taught and to teach Ezra of the love that we have for him.))

After Family Home Evening, we piled in the car and picked up some Dairy Queen for our treat.

We gave the boys quick baths, read stories, brushed teeth and tucked them in for the night.



I made a trip to the grocery store while Marshall probably had to tell Ezra to stay in his bed more than once. Marshall was gracious enough to put the groceries away for me so I could update the blog, besides, I love when he puts away the groceries- he organizes as he goes.


We have another week of mini projects to do in our home, which will be so good to get done!

Have a great week.