Monday, October 27, 2014

Dear October. ((My Monday replaced))


Dear October,
You have always been my most favorite month, but this year you have completely outdone yourself. This fall has been spectacular. My children have been able to get outside almost daily to play and get fresh air, I haven't even needed to scrape the frost from my windows as I head out the door early for the gym. Our family has enjoyed late night fires in the backyard while we roast marshmallows to the sound of Ezra and Eli rustling through the leaves with flashlights. It has been a dream that I don't want to wake from.
October, you have brought us Birthdays and parties of all kinds,Halloween, candy and cupcakes, friends and costumes, laughs and more laughs, the holidays to look forward to and the best is yet to come. All I have is gratitude for this beautiful month that has come and gone too fast. I am clinging on hard to these sunny days and comfortable breeze. Because winter is coming. And I am still shaking from last winter.
Anyways.....

Here are a couple things we have been up to, and also- some photos that I am just getting around to posting.

- SO many parties and cake and ice cream! My birthday was great! And since Ezra's birthday is tomorrow and our wedding anniversary is Saturday, I feel like all we do is celebrate at our house, It is awesome!



-We attended such a fun church Halloween party last weekend and we won the family costume contest. Of course, I was running around like a nut and I didn't get a SINGLE family photo! I know!? How could we have forgotten that. Thank heavens for the photo booth that was there!

-I have been feeling better- still not 100% but some days are better than others. I have been starting to feel little tiny butterflies. Because this isn't my first pregnancy, I can totally differentiate baby movements from other things going on in my body. Love feeling the baby. It's my most favorite part of pregnancy.

- Ever since we learned about earthworms in our E week, I don't really love my kids playing in the dirt-- because it's not all dirt, you guys! It's worm castings. (Or WORM POOP!) And, I am sorry. That grosses me out. Especially because my kids get dirt in their mouths and under their nails. So, when Ezra wanted to dig in the dirt with his buddy and I couldn't find his working gloves, I sure did let him use a pair of rubber gloves from the salon... I am sure I will get over it. But it's still fresh in my mind.


-I have been mowing and mowing and mowing our yard and the leaves are still coming down. I actually love the big piles of crunchy leaves in our yard, but we can't keep up. It is too big a job to rake and bag, so we mow them up to mulch them, which is pretty brilliant when you look at the amount of leaves our yard has.

- I will be starting my progesterone injections in the next two weeks and I still debating whether or not to have Marshall give them to me or not. It's not that I don't trust him....I just don't want him to do it wrong. They hurt to get already and I would feel really bad if he REALLY hurt me.

-Oh! And if one more person tells me that I will be outnumbered with having a third baby, they will be dead meat. I am already outnumbered when I am home with two children all day long. I will survive. I am sure it won't be easy, but I will make it. Thanks for the heads up anyways.

-As I was at the grocery store this morning with the boys, I recognized a man from the gym walk in- It's always weird to see people in their regular clothes outside of the gym. He noticed the boys and said, "You have Two?!" -- "Yea" I laughed, "And one on the way" and he looked at me and simply responded "Wow!" with his eyes huge behind his glasses. I quickly responded the best way I knew how, " That's why I am at the gym at 5:30 in the morning, it's the only time I get to myself." and laughed as I walked away. I hated that that is what came out of my mouth, I didn't need to make a sarcastic comment, I didn't need to respond in a way that sounded like I NEEDED me time. I love my children and right now, they are my reason for living and I am so so grateful for that. I don't need to explain myself to anyone about why I have children, or defend myself for that matter. Having children is a god given blessing that I am fortunate to be able to be apart of. And I pray that everyone can eventually partake in.






-Ezra turns four tomorrow and I can't believe it. I cannot believe that my little baby, who once could curl up like a kitten on my chest is four years old. I don't know if I want to cry or not, but I feel all sorts of things.


-The boys will be staying with Marshall's parents all day and night Saturday so Marshall and I can finally get some projects done around the house without distraction, this will be our anniversary gifts to ourselves. If we aren't completely exhausted, we may have to go out for dessert or something. This will be the first night Marshall will be without the boys, I hope he holds up okay. 

That's a little bit of what's been going on with us-- 
More to come!