Monday, February 23, 2015

My Monday:::(Short and sweet)

I feel like my monday started at 1:49 this morning when I was fully awake to our water softener making noise in the basement and to Eli who was woken up by it and calling for "daddy... daddy... daddy" for over an hour. Needless to say, I didn't make to the gym this morning, I will have to go tomorrow. I am praying that Eli will not wake us up again like last night. It's so hard for me to fall back asleep. 

When I did finally wake up, I raced into the shower before Marshall left, I was still asleep I think because I conditioned my hair 3 times before I realized it wasn't shampoo.

Before Marshall left, we said our goodbyes and I immediately stripped all the bedding and started the wash. Marshall and I both agree that this has been helping us stay healthy. Eli didn't suffer from his cold for nearly as long as he normally does, and no one in the house picked it up! Clean bedding for the win!! 
I got ready for the day and dressed the boys, made a quick list for the grocery store and was there before 8am. 

The boys were in good spirits which made the trip less traumatic than they can sometimes go. It helps when they can drive a police car around the store and there are donuts for everyone when we get home.



When we got home, the boys helped pick up their toys and put away groceries so we could eat our donuts and have school time.  We learned about the letter X, the sound it makes and Xray fish. 
Ezra also drew a picture of me and the baby in my belly.....




I read so many books today, and listened to the same Arthur book on cd so many times I could scream- or tell you the story by heart with the voices. We are needing Spring in our house and we are needing it bad.

I mean, the highlight of Ezra's afternoon was when he got to suck on ice. (And when Eli went down for his nap so he could have the toys to himself)




When Ezra woke us up from naps (because he was making noises and stomping his feet up and down the hall way), I finished prepping a meal to bring to our friends who just had a sweet baby girl and headed out the door. I knew Ezra would fall asleep in the car, and he did. He was out cold. He slept all the way there, and back and while I dinner for us. (It was awesome- especially for Eli who then had time to play with toys by himself)


Marshall surprised us by coming home SUPER early! My heart leaped for joy when I saw his eyes peeking through the top windows of our front door. 
We were all able to eat dinner together as a family, have family home evening and I had help getting the boys bathed, dressed and in bed. It was such a nice little break for me and the boys were over the moon.


We are looking forward to the rest of the week! Hope you have a good one.