Monday, June 8, 2015

My Monday:

As a mother, I am constantly in catch up mode. Whether it is catching up on sleep, laundry, housework, yard work, tv shows, or catching up with friends or family, but this morning, I made it a point to stop in my tracks anytime my boys walked over and picked up the scriptures. I have been praying hard on how we can invite a calming spirit into our home. The boys are SO BUSY and it is exhausting. It is fun (for like 5 minutes) but then it is just straight up exhausting. And, when I caught Ezra and Eli scanning the pages of the book of mormon. I stopped picking up the cereal flakes off the carpet and walked over and sat with them and read them a chapter or two. Ezra didn't want me to stop, he begged for me to read a little more. This was the calmest, and sweetest part of today and I hope that by stopping whatever I am doing to read with them, it will show them how important it is to stop and make time for the Lord- no matter what we are busy with and I pray they will also grow to love the words from the scriptures and be able to apply it in their own lives. This was a wake up call to me as well. I know I need to slow down and I know that if I can do this daily, our home will be filled with peace and love. 

When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. -Ezra Taft Benson 
Mosiah 3:19


We dropped Ezra at a friends house this afternoon while Eli had an eye appointment. I wish you all could see how they do these appointments for children this young, it is the coolest thing to watch and Eli loves it. I am so happy they make it like a game. It hardly felt like an eye appointment at all.





When we picked up Ezra, all he could talk about was how much fun he had with his friends and all the cool toys that they have-- apparently, they have ALL the transformers which is very big deal.

Eli was asking for a nap by the time we got home. I tried giving him lunch but he just picked at it and shuffled his feet to his room with his blanket. He took a good nap and Oliver and I snuggled and dozed off for a little bit while Ezra played legos quietly.

When we all woke up, Ezra was begging to hold and snuggle Oliver. 
He is so sweet to him but sometimes it is a bit much.... I have to literally pry him away from him almost always.



The boys played outside in the yard for a little while. They continued to play with their caterpillar that they caught over the weekend and searched the corners of the yard for toads. It wasn't until I caught Ezra throwing dirt on Eli, that I asked them to come in. When I asked Ezra what he had just done, he replied sheepishly with.. "You saw me?" He doesn't know that I am ALWAYS watching. Just like moms of old have said, "I've got eyes on the back of my head" 

These boys can't keep their hands or feet off of each other, they were constantly wrestling each other, sitting on each other, trying to step on each others heads, grabbing each others feet.. even tying each other up, tipping chairs on one another and even running from each other while taking turns being ghosts. 



But at the end of today, After dinner and after a short family home evening,
they were sweet and they were tired and I was so happy it was bedtime.
Because Heaven knows, moms need their sleep so they can wake up and deal with it all over again.


Have a great week!