Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Ezra's 5!



He used to fit on my chest like a little kitten. I remember never putting him down, and watching him as he slept. I memorized his every sound so I would know exactly what it was he needed and when. His routine shaped mine and his little voice was the first to call me "mom".


Today, Ezra is Five. And I am in awe of this boy. His personality is rich with love and concern for others. He is aware of his surroundings, down to the tiniest detail. He has a devoted focus to the things he loves, currently all things Lego. He is polite, even when he is frustrated. He knows the rules even when he doesn't follow them. He loves books and any story you will tell him. He remembers what he has been taught, and comprehends the messages more than clearly- he applies them to his life and encourages us to do the same. He teaches me daily of patience and forgiveness. He radiates a contagious kind of confidence that I only aspire to have. His nose is sensitive-- embarrassingly so. He has the cleanest little hands on the block and will remind everyone to take off their shoes and to wash their hands immediately upon arriving home from being out. He gets excited about helping in anyway he is able and will always ask if he can help. (I hope this never goes away) He tells us he loves us by first saying, "You know what?" followed with "I love you." which his little brother accidently picked up, and we love it. He doesn't quite realize how protective he is over his brothers yet, but we have caught him teaching others about Eli's allergies, and making sure no one feeds him something Eli can't have. He loves nothing more than when we stop everything we are doing and sit with him to either listen to what he has to say or to play with what his is asking to play. He prefers eye contact and real words versus morning mumbles (Don't we all?). He can be a strong kind of intense when he is feeling all sorts of feelings, but it doesn't take much to calm him down. When he is extremely happy, he has a lot to say. His mind is a very creative kind, he will tell you his dreams in detail--but most of the time, I'm convinced he is exaggerating. His questions are thought provoking, he keeps us on our toes.

We know him. We are knowing him more every day and we are loving him more everyday.
Watching him grow and become his own person, has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I feel beyondly favored to be his mom.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EZRA!