Friday, December 11, 2015

Catch up:

I have started and never finished more posts in the last month than ever before. The days are going too quickly and I feel like I am losing all sense of time.
My boys are getting bigger, busier and more talkative by the minute and there isn't enough time in the day to really grasp the moments I have with them. 
Instead of completely back tracking the last month, here are a couple of the most recent fun facts:

-The boys ran into the house with gloves on their hands and capes, Ezra said in his loudest and most intimidating voice he knows, "We are the DISGUSTINGS..." "We don't wash our hands!.. We don't flush the toilet... and we don't take baths..."  and in Eli's gravely little voice, he says, "Ya... we are disgusting!" and this was by far, one of the best things my ears have ever heard.

- Homeschool joy school/preschool has been pretty lax with the busy season, but the boys are still so eager to learn about their surroundings. We are still hitting on the topics and the boys are loving being able to work on what we we had discussed. Whether it was sharing, service or setting goals. Ezra especially loves doing secret service for everyone around him.

-Oliver is a little over 8 months old and ADORABLE. He is still the sweetest little baby. Still rocking just two bottom teeth and the top two are fighting their ways through. He goes down to sleep around 6:45/7 pm and is awake around 9 to say Hi. (Not kidding.) He wakes up, I walk around the house with him and talk to him and after a few minutes of that, I just lay him back down. He doesn't sleep the night, though. He's still up at least two more times in the night and it's killing me. Eli is also awake in the night..... 

-Eli was sick most of November and since the beginning of the December. He was healthy for 2 days last week....and then he became sick AGAIN. I feel completely and utterly helpless. We are keeping up with his nebulizer treatments, hand washing and keeping him from social outings but nothing gives. Poor boy needs a bubble!

-I can't even tell you how may times I have caught Eli playing with my breastpump... but it has become hilarious, yet maddening.

-Ezra is getting SO excited for Christmas and has SO many wonderful and beautiful questions about the Christmas season. Whether it's the magic of the Elf (on a shelf, ya, we are doing that, too) or Santa or Christ and the celebration of His birth.

- Marshall's swim season started last week, and we've been missing him! He leaves early and doesn't get home until the boys are tucked in their beds. The boys cherish their breakfast time with him.

-We hosted thanksgiving again and it went great, my goal this year was "stress free" thanksgiving and it was! 

-We purchased a new couch for our basement on black Friday. We have been doing a lot of laying around on it, and it has easily one of the best purchases we have ever made.

-Christmas shopping is mostly done and thank heavens for online shopping in the wee hours of the night.

- I haven't been to the gym in MONTHS. As much as my body is aching to get back in there, my mind is crying for sleep. My life revolves around my family and I need any minute of sleep I can get (which isn't much) it just isn't 'my' season. I am hoping once January comes around, I can get back to it. But thankfully muscles have memory, right!? HA!

- I am really looking forward to spending Christmas with my boys. They are at the best ages to celebrate the magic this time of year brings. 

-I am loving this warm weather, but I am really hoping for snow for Christmas! 

-Here are a few random photos from recently.