Friday, January 8, 2016

Fun Facts Friday//

I'm not going to yell today... I'm going to take a deep breath and count to 10 or 100 if I need to. I'm not going to yell.
These are the words that have been replaying in my mind the last week. I have been going from zero to furious in a short 2 seconds and even I am horrified. I picked up a cold from my kids this week and I am usually the one who blazes past every sickness and this time it got me. got me really good. I have felt all the pressure in my head and my shoulders and I am exhausted. My kids are being KIDS, why have I been SO mad at them? 
I'm not going to yell...I'm going to take a deep breath and count to 10 or 100 if I need to and if nothing else helps, I'm going to put on a show for them and take a nap. Being a mom is hard sometimes, especially when I am sick and want someone to be taking care of me.

Here are a couple things from the first whole week of the year:

-The boys whipped out their fun play clothes for Oliver and he loved it. They were like real life toys to him.


-We started the year off strong on the letter A. The boys are back into their routine and we have discovered some cool things while learning together. Ezra received a packet of kindergarten stuff in the mail this week and Ezra is still determined and excited to stay home for school. I am still contemplating whether or not to go to the open house with  him so he can check it out, just so he knows his options. 


 -Ezra and Eli are starting to collect too many toys. TOO MANY! I have purchased storage containers and under the bed storage bins to try to keep things in order and in a place, but it's making me crazy! Too many things. BUT these keep them so busy and so happy and I can't want to throw everything in the garbage. (just little by little so they don't notice)


-Eli's still going strong on the potty training. I'd be lying if I said that we have been accident free. He has had a fair share of #2 accidents but he is coming to me immediately, and we are running like the dickens to get him on the potty before he loses control. He is doing great though and we have been stuck inside anyways for colds, so we aren't going anywhere anyways.


-We learned this week that Eli will be needing eye alignment surgery. His left eye just isn't correcting itself like it should ;( I wasn't expecting this news, we were just thinking he would need a new prescription but his eyes need more help than that. We will be moving forward with this and praying for a successful procedure and recovery. We will keep everyone posted.

 Oliver is cruising. He isn't quite up on his knees yet, but this isn't limiting him on where he wants to be. He heads directly to where he shouldn't be and getting into the boys business. The boys are learning to pick everything up off the floor and out of his reach, but we are finding ourselves scrambling. We aren't used to having a busy baby on the floor and it's fun! He is so sweet and adventurous. He is also not afraid of anything, I am a little worried about this guy!;)


The boys love playing with Oliver. They know he is the perfect size to put into bins and baskets and push and pull him around the house. Oliver loves it and the boys love working together for their cause.

Marshall has had a busy week.  I have hardly seen him and we miss him. I hate to say that I am counting down the weeks until the swim season is over, but I am. The boys need their daddy. I cannot fill his shoes when he is away. 

We have a babysitter tonight, but I have a feeling our date night will be at Sam's club. Woot Woot! We walk on the edge, people.