Tuesday, November 1, 2016

8 Years.



Marshall and I are celebrating 8 years of marriage today.
I am still trying to wrap my head around this number. In some ways, I feel like we have been together forever and in others, it was like we first met yesterday.  Love is funny like that.

Marshall and I have been through many things together. Things that have been sweet and memorable, things that have been stressful and heartbreaking, but together, we have survived it. There is no doubt that we won't do the same for the years to come. I know that because I have Marshall, I can get through anything. He is my rock. He is always there to lift me up, talk me through it and hug me when I need to be held. 

Every year that we are blessed to spend together, as a family, has been a treasure. We are learning and growing through everything.We have absolutely become one and united in everything we do. I have loved watching him become the man that he is to be. I love that I can stand by his side and watch him be a husband and a father to our children. I could not have asked for anyone better to fill these vital roles in my life.

I remember kneeling across the altar and looking at him. I never would have imagined that the joy that I felt then would be expanded a million times over with every year spent with him. I loved him so little then, compared to now. Seeing the love the boys have for him make it easier for me to fall more and more in love with him everyday.

Marshall has learned to go along with my crazy antics these past years, whether it has been with dressing up in a goofy costume for Halloween, putting together endless amounts of ikea furniture, moving heavy furniture around our little house, sacrificing a personal office for a salon, nights without dinners being made, over scheduled calendars, push up contests, new and maybe awful  recipes, pregnancies, lack of sleep.. the list could go on. He has always been so good and fair and reasonable to me through all of it. I am forever grateful for his patience with me. 

I am so fortunate and beyond blessed to have him to love and care for me and I promise to do my best for him forever.

Happy Anniversary, Marshall.
I love you.