Monday, December 26, 2016

Our December.


             Our December went as quickly as our last few months. I cannot believe that the new year is approaching and as excited as I am for the new beginnings, I am anxious for what the year has in store for our family. I am trying so hard to keep up with our blog and that will most likely be a goal of mine for the new year. Here are a couple snapshots of what is new for our family.

We were able to successfully send out Christmas cards for our long distant family and friends before it got too late. I always feel so accomplished when I can get that done. Every year, I feel like I am nailing more things down that need to be done at certain times of the year to get things done before the hustle of the Holiday season. We always schedule family photos in the late summer, take family photos in the fall, have cards ordered at the beginning of December and hope to have them addressed and sent out a week or two before Christmas. Christmas shopping is another story.We were pretty last minute this year, BUT! Last year, I thought we went way overboard with Christmas, and I swore that we would never do that again. I didn't like the way it felt. So, in the beginning of the year, I put $500 cash in an envelope and that was what we had to spend on EVERYTHING and for EVERYONE. I am so happy that I did that. That is MORE than enough to spend and it was like money never spent because it was planned and set aside. That is my advice for you for the new year. You're welcome :)

We had the biggest surprise this year! We are expecting baby #4 in the summer and we are SO excited. We were "planning" on another baby but thought we would wait a couple more months. We know Heavenly Father has His own plans and we are happy to abide by them. It definitely shakes up our own timeline but we know everything will work out as it is supposed to. All of our children will be spaced out exactly the same which is crazy and fun all at the same time. 

I am hoping for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. Apparently this is common in 25% of pregnancies. This is new to me and makes me nervous. It's just a little pocket of blood in the uterus that doesn't seem to be bothering or bothering the baby at all, which I am so relieved to hear. Although, I am not allowed to lift anything/anyone over 20 lbs. which makes it a little challenging at home with my children. Ezra and Marshall have been pretty good helpers. I have been pretty sick and literally eating everything in sight and haven't been able to work out because of the restriction so if I feel good enough to get to the gym, I walk on the treadmill for almost an hour and count it good. I've never really experience such a real and raw lack of motivation to move until this pregnancy and I feel so lazy. I can't wait to get past this. Hopefully, I'll feel better soon.


Christmas morning was VERY exciting. Ezra was awake every hour on the hour asking if it was morning time yet. By the time 6:30 am came, he was literally shaking with excitement. 
They loved what Santa brought for them and ripped the paper off all he presents so fast!









Uncle Mike came over late on Christmas eve to watch a movie while Marshall and I wrapped Christmas gifts, it got pretty late so he ended up staying the night. I am sure he was awake as early as we were with all the noise happening upstairs while he was downstairs. I had him step in to pose like I would for the "announcement" photo for a practice shot. haha!


Christmas eve was spent at my parents house. My uncle and his wife and my grandparents were there. We ordered our usual eve Chinese feast. It was delicious and good to see everyone.



Marshall had a company holiday party and it was fun to meet (again) people that he works along side with on a daily basis. I could tell he was happy to have me there. 
 On the coldest night of the year, Marshall and I got a babysitter and went to a movie and grocery shopping . Windchill -40! Church was even canceled the next day!

I love catching the boys doing stuff like this. I wish they would snuggle and sleep in one bed like they did back in the day. That would clear a lot of space in our house. I suppose we could have established that from the beginning and this would have worked out for us:) 


 Eli's hearing is great and besides his little quirks, he is a perfectly healthy 4 year old.

The Elf decorated for his birthday, we had a little party with cake, ice cream and presents. He loved the attention!


We were happy the boys were able to see Santa at a church activity. Ezra was concerned that he forgot to tell Santa what he wanted, but we assured him that Santa knew.



Once again, caught the boys talking in their cup phones in their bunks. I loved this capture.

Ezra has found a love for money lately and he is learning a love for working for his money. I hired the boys to deep clean the salon and it was a great help!


Here we recreated the nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. We talked about all the questions that we can ask about this scene. In example, "Why was humpty dumpty on the wall?" "What made him fall?" "Was he trespassing on the kings land? Is that why the kings men were there to put him together again?" "How did they try to put him together again?" and so many more!



Ezra had his Christmas recital. He played great, we were so proud and I couldn't stop smiling. 
He played Jolly Old St. Nick and Up on the housetop.


The boys love when they are accidentally twins. 

Ezra was asking some awesome questions about milk in the milk carton and I used this opportunity to teach the boys about Matter.  They absolutely LOVE object lessons and experiments. We put ice cubes(solid) in a pan. We turned on the heat so they would melt into Liquid and then watched it boil and evaporate and steam like a gas!  It was like magic for them.

Oliver likes to set up little picnics after his naps. Especially if his brothers wake him up.
Here, the boys had a lesson on Abraham and how he was asked by God to sacrifice his only son, Issac. We learned about faith and obedience and how sometimes it can be hard, but there are wonderful blessings that can come from it. I made the boys little stacks of wood that Issac had to carry to the altar (little did he know that it was for him...(pretzels wrapped in licorice) 


We are still loving dress up over here by the way ;)

Marshall was able to take the boys sledding and they LOVED it. The sled was completely shredded and destroyed afterward. Ezra said that he never wanted to forget that day and that it was the best day ever!

We are looking forward to the rest of the year as a family. Marshall has some time off and we plan on laying low but also hope to get out for some family fun.

Happy December!