Friday, April 28, 2017

Last week and This week.


As I sit here and think about all that has happened in our home and family the last couple days, I can't believe all that we've gone through and survived. 
Here are a couple things.

Oliver is a rascal and full on two year old, rascal! He bullies his brothers, He gets into EVERYTHING! Rips clothes out of drawers, all the utensils out of the kitchen drawers, pulls papers down, toys strewn and thrown everywhere, rips pages out of books, school work, You name it! He is a handful. On one particular day last week, I was downstairs doing schoolwork with Ezra when Eli ran up to the bathroom, Oliver was Eli's shadow more than usual this day and quickly followed behind him. I could hear Eli's cries from downstairs and just assumed it was because Oliver was bothering him, but what I didn't know was that there was pee all over the floor, little pee footprints all over the bathroom floor with things from our bathroom drawers IN the pee! As my eyes scanned the floor and worked their way up to the boys faces, I noticed Oliver had his hands completely covered in the boys hair product/glue- I also noticed how he had styled his hair and all sorts of other things he could get his hands on. Eli was traumatized and upset and Oliver was proud of his work. I, on the otherhand didn't know where to begin in cleaning this up. Ezra came through and was a big help with helping Eli get cleaned up. I was grateful to have a shampoo bowl where I could get the product out of Oliver's hair.

Ezra is still working on little creations. This handmade paper diaper was later transformed into a time machine for Eli.
Eli's favorite color is red. And he was feeling pretty confident in his red attire on this morning.
Ezra's love for books is one of my most favorite things about him. We listened to Frank Braum's Wizard of Oz and Ezra LOVED it. We are now into Robin Hood's adventures.

I love how contagious Marshall's joy is when he is on the trampoline- not to mention how giant he looks on it.


With all the paper and crayons out these days, Eli is bound to get in on the action. He asked me to trace his body and as I did, I was so impressed by how still he laid. The last time that I did this, I remember him being so giggly and wiggly.

This happens a lot more than you would think. They boys love all looking together at the same book/Magazine at the same time. I love how they are all interested in (mostly) the same things.


I feel like as a mom to boys my mission to raise these boys with the skills necessary to become confident in their independence. They all had a part in making our spaghetti dinner. They were so proud of their dinner that they all devoured it up! They were complimenting each others dishes. Ezra would say, "Good job on this sauce, Eli, it is delicious!" And Eli would say, "Wow! Oliver, these noodles are great!"





Here are a couple more photos from my phone.

It looks like the boys are watching something here, but they are actually only listening to a song- but they are so happy to be near their dad after he's been gone at work for the day.

Oliver. Being Oliver.

Ezra was hired by a friend to pick up sticks in her yard. He was beyond thrilled to be able to use the wheelbarrow and was even more excited to make a little cash, I am so proud of him for wanting to work and to enjoy the value of work. He is so cool.

Ezra snuck into my room as I was napping and sat at the edge of the bed so quietly. He asked if I was awake and then asked for juice. For some reason, this was a sweet moment for me. He was so considerate of my quiet time, yet so tender in his request. Of course I said yes. 

Somehow Ezra had my phone and snagged a photo of me while I was shopping for light bulbs. 

Selfie. Cause I was able to get some free eyeglasses.


Ezra and I put together this little project for his homeschool co-op and I literally felt like crying the entire time I was cutting and gluing these photos. Ezra is such a joy and such a wonderful spirit in our home, I feel so fortunate to be his mother.
Here's our baby #4-  I am obsessed with his little face.
Belly shots! Third Trimester!

Major respect for Marshall- Last weekend, we were hit with the nastiest bug. Puke was everywhere! But he really held us all together. He was cleaning up all the messes and watching over us as we slept. I couldn't do anything without him.
Oliver was hit first on Thursday night, and took a couple days to recover.  
Then Saturday, Eli, Ezra and I were hit. hit HARD! I am not a puker, and I couldn't keep anything down. It was horrible.

We spent most of the beginning of the week recovering. We all slept SO much and could hardly eat a thing. I had my first "real" meal after 6 days of an uneasy tummy. 
Miraculously, Marshall didn't get it (like we did) He had a "different version" of our bug. He had to stay home from work for a day and half but I think he recovered much easier than I did.


I also helped host a bridal shower for my sister (the same day I got sick) and unfortunately couldn't stay for it. I was happy to have helped put it together for her though. I am getting really excited for her big day in June.



I am ready for some warmer and healthier days. Things are starting to look up over here as we are getting better and back to normal. Thank heavens!